Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5 Sandbox Virtualbox Error: "vboxnet0 not found"

With latest Virtualbox (5.1.6) and HDP 2.5 Sandbox I get this VirtualBox Error:

"Could not start the machine Hortonworks Docker Sandbox because the following physical network interfaces were not found: vboxnet0 (adapter 2)"

(BTW: The previous HDP 2.4 sandbox only has one network adaptor on import.)

7754-hdp25-sandbox-warning.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Go to VirtualBox Preferences>Network>Host-only Networks

and Add host-only network for vboxnet0. This will solve the problem

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

In my case, just disabling Network Adapter 2 from the VM's setting worked (OSX), however, a customer (Windows10) got the following error message:

"Connectivity issues detected! Check connection of network interface"

Not sure if this is related, still investigating...

New Contributor

I had the same issue. I fixed it by setting vboxnet0 as the host-only adapter in the settings of the virtual machine. Followed the instructions here http://islandora.ca/content/fixing-missing-vboxnet0

Expert Contributor

Go to VirtualBox Preferences>Network>Host-only Networks

and Add host-only network for vboxnet0. This will solve the problem

Super Guru

@Ward Bekker

During import of the appliance file, VirtualBox will show you the VM configuration. You can uncheck the second network option, which is the one that uses the vboxnet0 adapter.

7768-screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-14516-pm.png

If you go to VirtualBox -> Preferences -> Network -> Host-only Networks you should see something like this (vboxnet0):

7767-screen-shot-2016-09-19-at-14717-pm.png

My guess is that you don't have vboxnet0 defined. You can add it from this screen.

Expert Contributor

I got stung by this as well. I could not figure out the solution until I found this page. I am not keen on this change to the sandbox.

We just did a refresh of the Sandbox to fix this issue. If you have run into this issue I would suggest downloading the Sandbox again or following the steps above.