Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5 TP issue running Hive query - xasecure-audit.xml (No such file or directory)

installed HDP 2.5 TP, keep getting this error for Hive:

FAILED: SemanticException java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/hive/2.5.0.0-817/0/xasecure-audit.xml (No such file or directory)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

The issue is related to the fact that Ranger is used for the authorization. You just need to go on Hive config tab in Ambari, select None as Authorization in the Security section and restart Hive.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Expert Contributor

The issue is related to the fact that Ranger is used for the authorization. You just need to go on Hive config tab in Ambari, select None as Authorization in the Security section and restart Hive.

Changing "choose authorization" to NONE fixed the problem. 2016-08-23-09-34-47.png

That still didn't solve the issue. I set 'Enable Authorization' to false and I still get the same error message:

FAILED: RuntimeException java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/hive/2.5.0.0-817/0/xasecure-audit.xml (No such file or directory)

Expert Contributor

Because you've not done what I told you. You have to go in the config tab in Ambari, in the Settings tab (not Advanced) and change "Choose authorization" to "None" (instead of Ranger) in the Security area.

I'm saying that I did what you recommended. I want into Ambari and changed the property for Enable Authorization to both 'false' and 'none' . tried both. still does not fix the issue.

Expert Contributor

You're saying that you're changing "Enable authorization". I'm saying that you have to change "Choose authorization". They are different things. "Enable authorization" is in the Advanced tab, "Choose authorization" is in the Settings tab.

Explorer

How does one fix this issue when one WANTS TO have ranger running?