Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5 Tech Preview Sandbox started with errors

Rising Star

I have downloaded Sandbox HDP 2.5 TP. It is starting. When I go in Ambari page, I just get the "ambari views", i am not getting the ambari console with the ambari dashboard and dashboard of all teh components (HDFS, YARN, Hive, Spark...)

I went to port 9995 to open Zeppelin, I am just getting a "static" zeppelin page with no zeppelin notebooks and interpreters...

Can you help fix it.screenshot-2016-08-23-213546.jpgscreenshot-2016-08-23-213704.jpgscreenshot-2016-08-23-213827.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

You need to login as the Ambari admin for the services to show up. Use the following tutorial to find instructions on logging in as the admin.

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/#setup-ambari-a...

However the Zeppelin screenshot is odd. In HDP 2.5 Sandbox Zeppelin by default has authentication now. If you seen a login button you can use the following:

username: admin

password: password1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

You need to login as the Ambari admin for the services to show up. Use the following tutorial to find instructions on logging in as the admin.

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/#setup-ambari-a...

However the Zeppelin screenshot is odd. In HDP 2.5 Sandbox Zeppelin by default has authentication now. If you seen a login button you can use the following:

username: admin

password: password1

Rising Star

Thank you zblanco.

I was able to log into ssh online through 127.0.0.1:4200. I reset the ambari password as per the tutorial. I can access the ambari console as admin with all the various dashboards and componenets.

I can not ssh via terminal as I am getting conflict on RSA key from my other HDP2.4 sandbox. Is it possible to add the HDP2.5 key and be able to use both sandboxes through ssh?

$ ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY! Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)! It is also possible that a host key has just been changed. The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is SHA256:/kRUlZqqoBGnsyfJkjU2jScS/vP1/VEpk5ejg8bnlRI. Please contact your system administrator. Add correct host key in /Users/xxxxx/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message. Offending RSA key in /Users/xxxxx/.ssh/known_hosts:5 RSA host key for [127.0.0.1]:2222 has changed and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed.

I am able to call spark on the terminal - spark-shell and pyspark. I am getting spark 1.6.2 - How do I select spark 2.0.0 as my default.

[root@sandbox ~]# spark-shell                                                                                  
SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION is not set, choosing Spark automatically                                                      
16/08/23 21:29:14 INFO SecurityManager: Changing view acls to: root                                               
16/08/23 21:29:14 INFO SecurityManager: Changing modify acls to: root                                             
16/08/23 21:29:14 INFO SecurityManager: SecurityManager: authentication disabled; ui acls disabled; users with vie
w permissions: Set(root); users with modify permissions: Set(root)                                                
16/08/23 21:29:14 INFO HttpServer: Starting HTTP Server                                                           
16/08/23 21:29:14 INFO Server: jetty-8.y.z-SNAPSHOT                                                               
16/08/23 21:29:14 INFO AbstractConnector: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:35616                                   
16/08/23 21:29:14 INFO Utils: Successfully started service 'HTTP class server' on port 35616.                     
Welcome to                                                                                                        
      ____              __                                                                                        
     / __/__  ___ _____/ /__                                                                                      
    _\ \/ _ \/ _ `/ __/  '_/                                                                                      
   /___/ .__/\_,_/_/ /_/\_\   version 1.6.2                                                                       
      /_/                                                                                                         

Using Scala version 2.10.5 (OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, Java 1.7.0_101)                                             
Type in expressions to have them evaluated.                                                                       
Type :help for more information.                                                                                  
16/08/23 21:29:18 INFO SparkContext: Running Spark version 1.6.2                                                  
16/08/23 21:29:18 INFO SecurityManager: Changing view acls to: root                                               
16/08/23 21:29:18 INFO SecurityManager: Changing modify acls to: root

I am still unable to get a login UI to Zeppelin. In Ambari, Zeppelin is showing green, up and running...

Any idea on how to get Zeppelin to work would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert Contributor

I would suggest opening a separate question for getting Spark 2.0.0

If you've been using a different Sandbox you're getting the Remote Host Identification error because the machine that you're running has changed. You can fix this by either entirely removing your ``~/.ssh/known_hosts`` file just removing the entry which pertains to 127.0.0.1

I'm thinking that your Zeppelin issue might be browser compatibility or view related. Have you tried different browsers? Or even just restarting the Sandbox?

EDIT: Whoops - Looks like I missed the part where you said you wanted to access both boxes via ssh

One option is to add a new entry to /etc/hosts under 127.0.0.1. i.e:

sandbox.hortonworks.com 127.0.0.1 # Use for HDP 2.5

SSH will only check hostnames so to get to your 2.4 box:

ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222

Then for the 2.5 box you can do:

ssh root@sandbox.hortonworks.com -p 2222

Let me know the results