Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5 sandbox not starting up

Expert Contributor

Hi All, I've HDP 2.5 sandbox, and it is not starting up ..

I've used this sandbox earlier, and it would startup (though much slower than HDP 2.4).. but since yesterday, it is not starting up ..

I've a MacBook, 16GB RAM

Attaching screenshot of the HDP 2.5 sandbox not staring up .. showing this screen for 15+ mins

Appreciate your help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I re-imported the SandBox & i'm able to start and use it now.. Unfortulately, the changes made earlier are lost 😞

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Expert Contributor

I re-imported the SandBox & i'm able to start and use it now.. Unfortulately, the changes made earlier are lost 😞

I have the same issue with 2.6.

I found a WORKAROUND for this problem by suspending the VM and NEVER shutting it down.

The "docker" container that runs within the VM and that hosts the sandbox (it's not the VM directly any more, unfortunately) seems to be really sensitive to the way you shut down the system.

In order to actually solve this problem Hortonworks needs to provide a tested reliable way to shut down all the Hadoop services first, then the docker, then the VM itself as a part of the "Learning the Ropes" tutorial.

Expert Contributor

There is a way of restarting your sandbox not losing your work. In fact, when you start it up the startup screen sort of hangs, but the machine should be available. Here I described how I got my HDP 2.6.1 sandbox up and running again.

http://marcel-jan.eu/datablog/2017/11/17/recovering-your-hdp-2-6-1-sandbox-on-virtualbox-after-a-res...