Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.6 requires libtirpc-devel

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to install HDP 2.6 on RHEL 7.2 ppc64le. Installation over ambari fails due to

"Error: Package: hadoop_2_6_0_3_8-hdfs-2.7.3.2.6.0.3-8.ppc64le (HDP-2.6) Requires: libtirpc-devel" error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Mustafa Kemal MAYUK

Yes, the "libtirpc-devel" package is needed by HDP 2.6. You will need to install that package from your OS Base repo.

You can see that this package is available in OS base repo. For example in my case centos7

# yum whatprovides libtirpc-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
libtirpc-devel-0.2.4-0.8.el7.i686 : Development files for the libtirpc library
Repo        : base

libtirpc-devel-0.2.4-0.8.el7.x86_64 : Development files for the libtirpc library
Repo        : base

libtirpc-devel-0.2.4-0.8.el7_3.i686 : Development files for the libtirpc library
Repo        : updates

libtirpc-devel-0.2.4-0.8.el7_3.x86_64 : Development files for the libtirpc library
Repo        : updates

libtirpc-devel-0.2.4-0.8.el7_3.x86_64 : Development files for the libtirpc library
Repo        : @updates

# cat /etc/redhat-release 
CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core) 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

New Contributor

I hit the same problem while installing HDP 2.6.4 on POWER systems. I got over the problem be adding the optional package to the repos. If you have a network or local RHEL repository you need to have the following listed as one of the baseurls:

baseurl=ftp://<userID>:<password>@<ftpHostName>/redhat/release_cds/<rhelRelease>/Server-optional/ppc64le/os/

e.g.:

baseurl=ftp://<userID>:<password>@<ftpHostName>/redhat/release_cds/RHEL-7.4-GA/Server-optional/ppc64le/os/

Explorer

where i can find this package for centos 6.9 ?

Explorer

I fixed the issue on RHEL6.9 by installing libtirpc and libtirpc-devel 0.15 and uninstalling libtirpc 0.13.