Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 3 finalization

Explorer

Cannot seem to get past the yarn nodemanager version check in the Express upgrade. I have yum updated to all the new versions and old ones are no longer on the 3 hosts. Where is this check taking place? Any workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer
@amarnath reddy pappu

I may have neglected to check the ability to skip at the beginning of the Express Upgrade. My solution... I rebooted each node with yarn node manager and it seemed to read the updated information. I was able to get past that step finally and finalize the install.

I do have a lingering error / Hive - Sys DB and Information Schema not created yet. I will research that one. Thanks so much.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Nathan Rutland what error are you seeing during version check? is it not giving skip option?

@Nathan Rutland

yes - restarting service would let Ambari pick the updated version information.

Explorer
@amarnath reddy pappu

I may have neglected to check the ability to skip at the beginning of the Express Upgrade. My solution... I rebooted each node with yarn node manager and it seemed to read the updated information. I was able to get past that step finally and finalize the install.

I do have a lingering error / Hive - Sys DB and Information Schema not created yet. I will research that one. Thanks so much.

New Contributor

Can you please describe how did you resolve that error? (Sys DB and Information Schema not created yet)

New Contributor

Did you ever get an answer to your question?  I have a new installation and am receiving the error "Sys DB and Information Schema not created yet."