Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP stack versions not listed

Contributor

I'm trying to migrate from Pivotal Hadoop to HDP without re-deploying the cluster. I've managed to get Ambari 2.x to migrate the Postgres database schema and assume control of the cluster services but when I navigate to the Ambari Stack/Version page (main/admin/stack/versions) the expected "version tiles" aren't listed. I've tried to reference a working HDP 2.4 cluster to see if there are database entries missing that are used to popular these fields but haven't been able to track them down. In the manage versions page (views/ADMIN_VIEW/2.2.2.0/INSTANCE/#/stackVersions) I do see both 2.2.9 and 2.4.2 repositories registered correctly.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @Kyle Dunn,

Here is a similar issue listed here : https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/17201/registered-version-hdp-2340-is-not-listed.html. You can see the DB changes needed to get this to work.

From the link :

1 - Access Ambari Database

2 - ambari=> select * from stack;

Compare the above table in the 2 clusters to know what needs to be added.

Please let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Kyle Dunn

Can you open Ambari, click on the Admin tab and Versions?

6282-screen-shot-2016-08-02-at-22617-pm.png

Are you installing HDP on the same machines as Pivotal? Are they pointing to a separate instance of HDFS? How much data are you dealing with? I'd suggest using distcp to copy over the necessary data.

Master Guru

Expert Contributor

Hi @Kyle Dunn,

Here is a similar issue listed here : https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/17201/registered-version-hdp-2340-is-not-listed.html. You can see the DB changes needed to get this to work.

From the link :

1 - Access Ambari Database

2 - ambari=> select * from stack;

Compare the above table in the 2 clusters to know what needs to be added.

Please let me know if this helps!

Contributor

Hi @sbhat - this is certainly helpful, thank you for the reference!