Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD Exam Environment issues

Explorer

Hi, I am planning to take up HDPCD certification soon. I came across the following dicussion where people who recently appeared for the HDPCD exam faced few environment issues such as lag in specified time, pig script issues and copy-paste issues. (read recent comments by CANADA and Karthikeyan)

http://hortonworks.com/blog/new-hdp-certified-developer-hdpcd-performance-based-exam

Are these environment issues resolved now ? (provided I have good internet connectivity)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Fazil Aijaz yes I believe those issues have been resolved, as you noted, a good fast internet connection is certainly required, but I know a few people who have completed the exam sucessfully in the last week or so.

I will verify with the team that everything is working as expected, but if you don't hear from me here in the next day or so then everything is good to go.

Good luck with your exam!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Fazil Aijaz yes I believe those issues have been resolved, as you noted, a good fast internet connection is certainly required, but I know a few people who have completed the exam sucessfully in the last week or so.

I will verify with the team that everything is working as expected, but if you don't hear from me here in the next day or so then everything is good to go.

Good luck with your exam!

@Fazil Aijaz I've also reached out to the training team asking them to respond to those comments, so thanks for drawing our attention to them!

Guru

Hi Fazil,

If you do not have a good, consistent internet connection, then you will experience lag, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. It certainly is helpful to have a fast connection, but consistency is just as important. If your connection is dropping packets, then the VNC stream of images will create a lag effect. The VM itself is running fine behind the scenes, but clicking the mouse and typing can feel unresponsive.

We realize this can happen, so if you do experience any type of issue during the exam, please let the exam proctor know. The proctors will give you as much extra time as you need to make up for any time lost with a lag experience.

The copy/paste issue has been resolved, and my comment about Pig is make sure you understand how Pig loads raw data and how to convert that into proper data types before attempting to use that data.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Explorer

Thanks Drussell and Rich for the quick response. I am planning to schedule the exam after a week. I will make sure my internet speed is fast.

New Contributor

I wrote the exam a coulple of weeks ago and I had a whole bunch of issues including issues copying and pasting, typing, running the code, etc. I have also been waiting for results and emailed the email address certification@hortonworks.com. I haven't heard a peep from them. Who do I need to contact?

Master Mentor
@rich

please see above