Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCDeveloper_2.2 PracticeExam_v7 (ami-b47138de), Flume Config file is read only

Explorer

Flume configuration files available under /usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/flume/conf/conf.empty directory are read only and permissions cannot be changed on them. In order to update the Flume config properties, I need to be able to edit flume.conf file. Can you please let me know why the config file is read only ? Do I need to look at the config file in some other directory ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

To use Flume, you do not need to edit the flume.conf file. The better way to write a Flume agent is to create your own Flume config file (and save it in whatever folder you like). Then when you start the Flume agent you point it to your config file with the -f flag; for example:

flume-ng agent -n my_agent_name -c conf -f my_flume_agent.conf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Guru

To use Flume, you do not need to edit the flume.conf file. The better way to write a Flume agent is to create your own Flume config file (and save it in whatever folder you like). Then when you start the Flume agent you point it to your config file with the -f flag; for example:

flume-ng agent -n my_agent_name -c conf -f my_flume_agent.conf