Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HIVE metastore server wont start

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

HIVE metastore server wont start

New Contributor

Hi,

I just finished to install the CM and CDH on a 5 node cluster (Cloud based) using parcels

I face some permission issues when installing the platform and I dont even know why since I supply the appropriate user on the installation (user has sudo privileges without password required). I already fixed some errors, like zookeeper path are not created, namenode needed to be formatted. and now I am facing this Hive metastore table problems. 

Hive tables are not create or I just assume because of this error code. 

9:55:34.520 AM WARN Query
[main]: Query for candidates of org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MDatabase and subclasses resulted in no possible candidates
Required table missing : "`DBS`" in Catalog "" Schema "". DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence operations. Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables"
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MissingTableException: Required table missing : "`DBS`" in Catalog "" Schema "". DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence operations. Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables"
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.table.AbstractTable.exists(AbstractTable.java:485)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager$ClassAdder.performTablesValidation(RDBMSStoreManager.java:3380)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager$ClassAdder.addClassTablesAndValidate(RDBMSStoreManager.java:3190)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager$ClassAdder.run(RDBMSStoreManager.java:2841)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.AbstractSchemaTransaction.execute(AbstractSchemaTransaction.java:122)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager.addClasses(RDBMSStoreManager.java:1605)
	at org.datanucleus.store.AbstractStoreManager.addClass(AbstractStoreManager.java:954)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager.getDatastoreClass(RDBMSStoreManager.java:679)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.RDBMSQueryUtils.getStatementForCandidates(RDBMSQueryUtils.java:408)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JDOQLQuery.compileQueryFull(JDOQLQuery.java:947)
	at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JDOQLQuery.compileInternal(JDOQLQuery.java:370)
	at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.executeQuery(Query.java:1744)
	at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.executeWithArray(Query.java:1672)
	at org.datanucleus.store.query.Query.execute(Query.java:1654)
	at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOQuery.execute(JDOQuery.java:221)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreDirectSql.ensureDbInit(MetaStoreDirectSql.java:183)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreDirectSql.<init>(MetaStoreDirectSql.java:134)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.initialize(ObjectStore.java:347)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.setConf(ObjectStore.java:298)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:73)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:133)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RawStoreProxy.<init>(RawStoreProxy.java:60)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RawStoreProxy.getProxy(RawStoreProxy.java:69)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.newRawStore(HiveMetaStore.java:682)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.getMS(HiveMetaStore.java:660)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.createDefaultDB(HiveMetaStore.java:709)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.init(HiveMetaStore.java:508)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.<init>(RetryingHMSHandler.java:78)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.getProxy(RetryingHMSHandler.java:84)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.newRetryingHMSHandler(HiveMetaStore.java:6475)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.newRetryingHMSHandler(HiveMetaStore.java:6470)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.startMetaStore(HiveMetaStore.java:6720)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.main(HiveMetaStore.java:6647)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)

Anyone has experience this ? I already allocate about 3 hours to search and do some things but no luck on fixing this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HIVE metastore server wont start

Expert Contributor

Hi, 

Have you configurated the Hive Metastored?

If not, follow this instructions link.

Regards,

Manu.

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi, 

Have you configurated the Hive Metastored?

If not, follow this instructions link.

Regards,

Manu.

New Contributor

#Hive Metastore successfully started

Problem

Hive, Hue, and Oozie resides on a single database.

Resolution

Created a seperate database for Hive, Hue, Ooozie and recreate the table using cloudera manager.

Thanks!