Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HOW TO REMOVE USERS while installing hadoop

Rising Star

I am trying to install hadoop on 2 node cluster found below error

4265-users-error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @sarfarazkhan pathan,

if I am not mistaken this is just a warning. You typically can install the cluster with already installed users from previous installs. In some cases this obviously can cause some issues, but in general it doesn't. Also if you do add and remove users frequently from multiple installs you are increasing the uid count of your system.

So it should be save to ignore the warning. You can read here about cleaning up nodes from previous installs:

http://henning.kropponline.de/2016/04/24/uninstalling-and-cleaning-a-hdp-node/

EDIT:

BTW to be safe restart of the ambari agent and simply re-running the checks should be enough. No restart of node or similar should be required.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Super Guru
@sarfarazkhan pathan

Does that causing any issue while installing? I think those are just warnings.

Expert Contributor
@sarfarazkhan pathan

If cluster is not production and there is feasibility of cleaning up the cluster, then you can clean up the cluster and setup fresh one using Ambari. You can use the below script in the systems :

# python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py --help

This is an interactive script, and you can skip some things which you want to

Thanks !!

Rising Star

Yes i have done that need to restart the services or restart the machine or agent or server

Expert Contributor

@sarfarazkhan pathan : Hi, how did you run that script and whether on all the nodes or only the specific nodes ?

If you have ran that script on all the nodes without any skips, you can start installing the cluster using Ambari from first step .. Thanks !

Hi @sarfarazkhan pathan,

It looks like you are trying to install HDP on nodes where there is an already existing installation. What is the status of the nodes you are using?

If you can, it would be easier to start over the installation from clean/fresh nodes.

Super Collaborator

Hi @sarfarazkhan pathan,

if I am not mistaken this is just a warning. You typically can install the cluster with already installed users from previous installs. In some cases this obviously can cause some issues, but in general it doesn't. Also if you do add and remove users frequently from multiple installs you are increasing the uid count of your system.

So it should be save to ignore the warning. You can read here about cleaning up nodes from previous installs:

http://henning.kropponline.de/2016/04/24/uninstalling-and-cleaning-a-hdp-node/

EDIT:

BTW to be safe restart of the ambari agent and simply re-running the checks should be enough. No restart of node or similar should be required.

Regards

Super Guru

@sarfarazkhan pathan

As per the screenshot user will not cause any problem while installation.

Still if you wish to remove can you run the host cleanup script. The script is located on the top of the dailog box where you are able to see the user error as per screenshot you attached.

# python /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/HostCleanup.py

New Contributor

If you can, it would be easier to start over the installation from clean/fresh nodes.

dien gia dung noi com dien