Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HUE Homedirectory Creation Failed.

Hello, 

we have a a CDH5.16.2 Cluster with Hue connected to ActiveDirectory. 

We can login and access Hive as an example. 

But the automatic creation of a user is not working. 

The error Message is : 

[09/Jan/2020 17:57:10 +0100] views ERROR Could not create home directory at login for *****.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/auth/views.py", line 129, in dt_login
ensure_home_directory(request.fs, user)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/apps/useradmin/src/useradmin/views.py", line 811, in ensure_home_directory
fs.do_as_user(username, fs.create_home_dir, home_directory)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/fs/proxyfs.py", line 102, in do_as_user
return fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/fs/proxyfs.py", line 171, in create_home_dir
self._get_fs(home_path).create_home_dir(home_path)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/hadoopfs.py", line 252, in create_home_dir
self.mkdir(home_path)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/webhdfs.py", line 434, in mkdir
success = self._root.put(path, params, headers=headers)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py", line 170, in put
allow_redirects=allow_redirects, clear_cookies=clear_cookies)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py", line 78, in invoke
log_response=log_response)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py", line 97, in _invoke
clear_cookies=clear_cookies)
File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.16.2-1.cdh5.16.2.p0.8/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/http_client.py", line 215, in execute
raise self._exc_class(ex)
WebHdfsException: AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=root, access=WRITE, inode="/user":hdfs:*******:drwxr-xr-x (error 500)

For me it looks like that "root" want create the homedir but root has no rigths. 

We also set dfs.permissions.supergroup, dfs.permissions.superusergroup to another value so admins came from AD. 

We dont use kerberos at the moment. 

rg

marcel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi 

thanks for your Message. I found the Problem, after removal of Kerberos from the Cluster someone set Root:supergroup on /.

I change ist back to hdfs:<amingroup> and now hue can create Homedirs.

rg

marcel 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@wernermarcel 

CM doesn't have that capability as compared to Ambari where you simply add the ambari.post.user.creation.hook=/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/post-user-creation-hook.sh in the /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties and that auto-creates the user home in HDFS directories.

Contrary if you add users in Hue it presents an option to perform this for you in its user add wizard screen. But there is a nice article you could try out I haven't tested it myself automatically creation of AD user directory in hdfs

Hope that helps, please share your success with the community

Happy hadooping

Hi 

thanks for your Message. I found the Problem, after removal of Kerberos from the Cluster someone set Root:supergroup on /.

I change ist back to hdfs:<amingroup> and now hue can create Homedirs.

rg

marcel