Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hadoop vendors

Explorer

I'm currently working on CDH5.13 (Cloudera Distribution Hadoop), and i have a couple of questions:

1- I want to get the latest version of CDH(6.3.3). When i try to download it, i have this message (Your MyCloudera account is not currently connected with a CDH subscription which is required for CDH 6.3.3 and later.). Where do I go to get a subscription? And what is the cost of the subscription? 

2- I tried to download older versions of CDH, but it says ( As of February 1, 2021, all downloads of CDH and Cloudera Manager require a username and password and use a modified URL. You must use the modified URL, including the username and password when downloading the repository contents described below.). I'm assuming i have to get a license to have this username and password. Where should I go to buy this?

3- I also tried to download Hortonworks Data Platform, but i have this message (You must be a HDP customer to access these downloads. If you believe you should have access to these then please reach out to support or your customer service representative.). How to become an HDP customer? And what is the cost?

4- I managed to donwload Hortonworks Data Platform Sandbox, so i'm assuming it's free, but i must become a HDP customer to download Hortonworks Data Platform. So what's the difference between these two?

Sorry for the long message and thank you in advance for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @emeric 

You are receiving these messages because earlier this year, Cloudera modified its policies and the binaries you are seeking to download are now only available in private repositories. Please see the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF

There is no simple, single dollar amount for the cost of a subscription because the price can differ depending upon the environment you're deploying into and what features you want to purchase. You can find out the cost of a Cloudera subscription (which would be required for downloading HDP as well) by contacting sales, via this page: Contact us

This is where you would start to obtain a license in order to generate a username and password which would allow you to download either older versions of CDH or the latest version. The credentials to access this private repository are not generally the same ones to access Cloudera's website or the Cloudera community. In order to gain access to this private repository, people with a valid Cloudera subscription can generate the necessary repository credentials from a CDH license key. The background and detailed procedure to obtain the necessary credentials can be found on this page:

CDH 6 Download Information

…scroll down to the section headed Authentication to the Cloudera Archive

The difference between the Sandbox and Hortonworks Data Platform is that the former is a more self-contained, pre-configured, learning environment based on Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) that one can run on a single machine, if desired. Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) is a full distribution of Hadoop and various Hadoop ecosystem projects that's intended for deployment on a cluster of machines.

Both HDP and CDH have been superseded, in terms of being up-to-date on the included software components, by Cloudera Data Platform (CDP). You can download a trial of CDP Private Cloud base here:Trial Version CDP Private Cloud

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @emeric 

You are receiving these messages because earlier this year, Cloudera modified its policies and the binaries you are seeking to download are now only available in private repositories. Please see the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF

There is no simple, single dollar amount for the cost of a subscription because the price can differ depending upon the environment you're deploying into and what features you want to purchase. You can find out the cost of a Cloudera subscription (which would be required for downloading HDP as well) by contacting sales, via this page: Contact us

This is where you would start to obtain a license in order to generate a username and password which would allow you to download either older versions of CDH or the latest version. The credentials to access this private repository are not generally the same ones to access Cloudera's website or the Cloudera community. In order to gain access to this private repository, people with a valid Cloudera subscription can generate the necessary repository credentials from a CDH license key. The background and detailed procedure to obtain the necessary credentials can be found on this page:

CDH 6 Download Information

…scroll down to the section headed Authentication to the Cloudera Archive

The difference between the Sandbox and Hortonworks Data Platform is that the former is a more self-contained, pre-configured, learning environment based on Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) that one can run on a single machine, if desired. Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) is a full distribution of Hadoop and various Hadoop ecosystem projects that's intended for deployment on a cluster of machines.

Both HDP and CDH have been superseded, in terms of being up-to-date on the included software components, by Cloudera Data Platform (CDP). You can download a trial of CDP Private Cloud base here:Trial Version CDP Private Cloud

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me. This is a very precious help to me.

Explorer

sorry to bring this up again but I contacted sales twice in a row but never heard back from them.

Hi @emeric 

The community team has reached out to our sales contacts who indicated they would contact you.  

Explorer

Thank you sir.