Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hbase MAX_ROW_LENGTH value belongs to ?

Rising Star

Hi ,

In one my application , i am getting illegalargument exception 38121 is > 32767 . so i found that MAX_ROW_LENGTH is having constant value of 32767 .

Here my question is MAX_ROW_LENGTH values is belongs to row key or only key length ?

as per this link https://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HConstants.html#MAX_ROW_LENGTH , I unsrtood that it is belong to row length not key length ??

Please correct me if i am wrong .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

It is the length of the row component of the Key.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

It is the length of the row component of the Key.

Rising Star

means , it is length of row , not key length .

for better understanding , please take a look at below ex , row8 is the row-key value of a row , age=88,name=srini88,no=8 are the values of a row . so , here what will be the value which compares against the MAX_ROW_LENGTH . is it row8 length or whole row length(which is the combination of row8,88,srini88,8) ?

and Is MAX_ROW_LENGTH possible to modify in hbase-site or for specific table ? if yes , please let us know how it is ?

ex : row8 column=0:age, timestamp=1475378868472, value=88

row8 column=0:name, timestamp=1475378868438, value=srini8

row8 column=0:no, timestamp=1475378868384, value=8

Super Guru

Yes, the length of the row, not the entire key. The row component in the keys that you provided is "row8". Please refer to the HBase documentation if you are unclear on what components make up an HBase Key.