Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hi.i am using HDP 2.1.2 .i want to enable hdfs acl in hdfs-site.xml but i could not see in my hdfs-site.xml..how can i do this...?​

Expert Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@sankar rao

hdfs acl is implemented in HDFS version 2.4.0, which is included in HDP 2.1.2. If not found, you can add it from ambari

Ambari Dasboard>HDFS>Configuration>Advanced>Custom hdfs-site

Add property dfs.namenode.acls.enabled=true

Restart the services to take this effect

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Super Collaborator

@sankar rao

hdfs acl is implemented in HDFS version 2.4.0, which is included in HDP 2.1.2. If not found, you can add it from ambari

Ambari Dasboard>HDFS>Configuration>Advanced>Custom hdfs-site

Add property dfs.namenode.acls.enabled=true

Restart the services to take this effect

Rising Star

Correct answer rguruvannagari

Expert Contributor

@rguruvannagari

Tq for valuable info ..i have small concern regrading this... Ambari Dasboard>HDFS>Configuration>Custom hdfs-site

should i add Add property dfs.namenode.acls.enabled=true in download time of cluster or can i added any time?

the resoans for asking is after adding should we need to restart any services which will effect the correct jobs..?

Super Collaborator

You would need to restart the services after adding the property to hdfs-site

Expert Contributor

@rguruvannagar

Thanks you but my concern is..should i add this property in off-hours? while i restart the serveries will effect the current running jobs

Rising Star

@sankar rao

Go through the below link which got the parameter with example for the same. Kindly vote if its relevant.

http://hortonworks.com/blog/hdfs-acls-fine-grained-permissions-hdfs-files-hadoop/

Expert Contributor

Thanks you guys...

Unrelated to your question, please consider upgrading to a more recent HDP release. HDP 2.4.2 has numerous performance and stability improvements over 2.1.x, not to mention tons of new features.