Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hi ,i just got request to add new users in hadoop prod cluster and also install AWS S3 CLI. i have 2 NN and 4 DN and 1 edge node.i am new for this environment ..Where should i do these operation ? in Name node servers or Edge server..please suggest me...

Expert Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

You will do this on the edge node, that's what it's for, to interact with Hadoop through client tools.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

You will do this on the edge node, that's what it's for, to interact with Hadoop through client tools.

Expert Contributor

hi@Artem Ervits Thank you so much...for adding new users also we should in edge? but i already added them in prod..so i need to delete user and add them to edge node? is it required ?

Expert Contributor

@sankar rao

To elaborate on the answer provided by @Artem Ervits

The edge node is typically used to install client tools, so it will make sense to install the AWS S3 CLI on the edge.

For adding new users to the cluster, you need to ensure that the new users exist in ALL nodes. The reason is that Hadoop by default takes the user/group mappings from the UNIX users by default. So for Hadoop to 'know' about the new user you've created on the edge node, that same userid should exist on all nodes.

Explorer

Hi @rama, I'm new to hortonworks and from last three hours i'm trying to add a new user to one of my edgeNode, but its saying "su: user adduser does not exist" when trying cammand "sudo su adduser test". Can you please help me.