Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive ODBC Exception - ERROR [HY000] [Hortonworks][Hardy] (35) 'Invalid OperationHandle'

New Contributor

Hi folks,

I was working on using C# to pull binary content from Hive over ODBC, but ran into an exception when the BLOB size is over 30MB. The query was straightforward and retrieves one record with BLOB content. Any thoughts? Thank you.

DbDataReader dr = cmd.ExecuteReader(); 
while (dr.Read())  // Exception happened here when the BLOB content is over 30MB
{
	if (dr != null)
                    {
                        report.id = dr.GetInt32(0);
                        report.date = Convert.ToDateTime(dr.GetString(1));
                        report.content = Convert.FromBase64String(handleBase64Length(dr.GetString(2)));
                    }

}

-$exception{"ERROR [HY000] [Hortonworks][Hardy] (35) Error from server: error code: '0' error message: 'Invalid OperationHandle: OperationHandle [opType=EXECUTE_STATEMENT, getHandleIdentifier()=18795eba-6e6f-4a66-930a-1da6a5ed4521]'."}System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

BTW, I increased the "Binary column length" in the ODBC connection's advanced options, and now I am getting another error "[Hortonworks][Hardy] (71) Failed to establish connection with unknown error."

It seems, for some reason, the server dropped the connection, but only for files >30 MB?