Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive Server 2 Error Cloudera Manager 7.0 -CDP

Contributor

Hi All

In my CDP environment,  Hive Server 2 is failing to start,Below is the log for the same

0-03-25 08:33:56: Starting HiveServer2
WARNING: Use "yarn jar" to launch YARN applications.
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-7.0.3-1.cdh7.0.3.p0.1635019/jars/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.10.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-7.0.3-1.cdh7.0.3.p0.1635019/jars/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: mr execution engine is not supported!

HS2.jpgof the failure,i am unable to figure out whats causing the failure of the service.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Contributor

I Further checked as per the Cloudera Manager Error Advice Instructions

to run the below command,however i don't seem to have the agent present and running,what is that i am missing?

[User_XXX@cdh-mgr ~]$ /etc/init.d/cloudera-scm-agent status
-bash: /etc/init.d/cloudera-scm-agent: No such file or directory

View solution in original post

Contributor

This is now solved.

Seems like Hive execution as MR isn't supported in Hive Server 2 anymore,i changed it to Spark and restarted the server,it worked.

Contributor

Hi

Although i managed to get that changed however it seems like it is not supported,see my other thread around the errors i faced,where Hive on Tez is only recommended.

But to answer your question we can change this on Hive Configurations.

Go to CM->Hive-> Configurations->search on execution engine-> change the parameter to Spark from MR.(Default would have been MR.It will get rid of the errors and your services will start all green but you still have runtime failures.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Hive-on-Spark-Cloudera-Manager-7-03-Unable-to-Pr...

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

I Further checked as per the Cloudera Manager Error Advice Instructions

to run the below command,however i don't seem to have the agent present and running,what is that i am missing?

[User_XXX@cdh-mgr ~]$ /etc/init.d/cloudera-scm-agent status
-bash: /etc/init.d/cloudera-scm-agent: No such file or directory

Contributor

This is now solved.

Seems like Hive execution as MR isn't supported in Hive Server 2 anymore,i changed it to Spark and restarted the server,it worked.

New Contributor

how did you change MR to spark can you please share the steps . I'm also facing the same issue .

Contributor

Hi

Although i managed to get that changed however it seems like it is not supported,see my other thread around the errors i faced,where Hive on Tez is only recommended.

But to answer your question we can change this on Hive Configurations.

Go to CM->Hive-> Configurations->search on execution engine-> change the parameter to Spark from MR.(Default would have been MR.It will get rid of the errors and your services will start all green but you still have runtime failures.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Hive-on-Spark-Cloudera-Manager-7-03-Unable-to-Pr...