Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive View not loading in HDP 2.5

Contributor

I just installed the HDP 2.5 Sandbox. It looks like all of the services are up, however when I click on "Hive View" the screen is blank and not populating what I was accustomed to seeing in HDP 2.4 Sandbox. The hive log file is blank, and the ambari log file is not indicating any errors that look to be contributing to this condition. Any assistance to get Hive View up and running would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Uhg @Scott Shaw, I feel like a moron. I tried hive view with chrome and IE with no success, however, firefox seems to work just fine. I hadn't tried firefox before but whatever issue is being caused from the rendering seems to have been fixed by using the mozilla browser.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hiveview.jpg

Hi @Daniel Rolls. I've attached the settings for my working HDP 2.5 sandbox Hive view. Please compare and make sure they are similar. I'm also assuming all the service startup checks are green?

You may also want to make sure the authorization is set to None in the Hive service configs.

8582-hiveservice.jpg

Contributor

Uhg @Scott Shaw, I feel like a moron. I tried hive view with chrome and IE with no success, however, firefox seems to work just fine. I hadn't tried firefox before but whatever issue is being caused from the rendering seems to have been fixed by using the mozilla browser.

Hey @Daniel Rolls, no problem at all. I'm glad its working! I'm surprised Chrome isn't working though. I use Chrome by default and the views have worked fine so far. Thanks for the update!