Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive error: H110 Unable to submit statement. Invalid SessionHandle: SessionHandle [a2828a8d-b961-4c20-968e-ff1d52e6fb86] [ERROR_STATUS]

Rising Star

Hi,

Is this error a common one or specific to a user. I am getting this since morning. Could you please resolve this. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you tried restarting ambari-server (command line as root: "ambari-server restart"). This the JVM where I think the Hive views runs in ...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If this is in Hive View, did you try to log out and log in again?

Rising Star

Yes. 3 to 4 times. restarted several times. Could you pls help. Metastore on sandbox.hortonworks.com failed (Execution of 'export HIVE_CONF_DIR='/usr/hd

Rising Star

Hi Bernhard, Is there anyother was to work in Hive?

Rising Star

I restarted several time and get the error: Metastore on sandbox.hortonworks.com failed (Execution of 'export HIVE_CONF_DIR='/usr/hd

Rising Star

Under sandbox.hortonworks.com, Host HiveMetastore and Hive server are in started status.

Have you tried restarting ambari-server (command line as root: "ambari-server restart"). This the JVM where I think the Hive views runs in ...

Rising Star

I tried "ambari-server restart". Restart was successful, but the stacks wasn't up. I restart all the components.

And Thank you. Hive is up.

And if you just want to quickly see whether hive works you can use command line beeline:

beeline -u jdbc:hive2://$HIVE_SERVER:10000/default?hive.execution.engine=tez -n hive

Rising Star

Thank you. I ran the above command and I am getting the below lines. Connecting to jdbc:hive2://:10000/default?hive.execution.engine=tez

Error: Bad URL format. Hostname not found  in authority part of the url: :10000. Are you missing a '/' after the hostname ? (state=,code=0)
Beeline version 1.2.1.2.3.2.0-2950 by Apache Hive
0: jdbc:hive2://:10000/default (closed)> 

Is this Error normal?