Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive get exception when try to do insert/create operation

Explorer

I was upgrade the HDP to 3.0 and it is not finilized yet. When I try to run hive command, it get such message: 'while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask. Unable to alter table. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid attempt to overwrite a read-only parameter: DB_NOTIFICATION_EVENT_ID_KEY_NAME (state=08S01,code=1)'

The operation seems done. but always get this exception.

Any suggestion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @X M!
Yeah, makes sense.
It seems you're hitting this issue:
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/e867d1c693e966706d3b7c6fe18e039a85928f51/standalone-metastore/me...

To figure out if there's any misconfiguration you can check on both (hiveCLI and beeline) configs. Would be like this:

hive -e "set;" > /tmp/hivecli.properties
beeline -u 'jdbc:hive2:<HS2>:10000/default' -e "set;" > /tmp/beeline.properties

And if the issue got solved, I'd kindly ask to you to accept as an answer, this will engage other HCC users to keep doing a good job. And will facilitate the search for the best answer. 🙂

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey @X M!
What do you get when you try to connect through beeline?

Explorer

Seems it related with hcatalog event lister. I removed setting for 'hive.metastore.event.listeners' and the exception gone. Three are no any issue when I try to connect through beeline. Not sure if there are any misconfiguration.

Hello @X M!
Yeah, makes sense.
It seems you're hitting this issue:
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/e867d1c693e966706d3b7c6fe18e039a85928f51/standalone-metastore/me...

To figure out if there's any misconfiguration you can check on both (hiveCLI and beeline) configs. Would be like this:

hive -e "set;" > /tmp/hivecli.properties
beeline -u 'jdbc:hive2:<HS2>:10000/default' -e "set;" > /tmp/beeline.properties

And if the issue got solved, I'd kindly ask to you to accept as an answer, this will engage other HCC users to keep doing a good job. And will facilitate the search for the best answer. 🙂

Hope this helps!