Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive job failed using INSERT INTO TABLE with error ailed to execute tez graph.

Explorer

I try to insert the table into hdfs following by this tutorial guideline https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP3/HDP-3.1.0/using-hiveql/content/hive_create_an_externa...

by using beeline with user hdfs.

I'm done with put csv to hdfs and create external table, table but stuck at the step

'INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE ' ' SELECT * FROM ' ';

Once run this command, returning with errors below

0: jdbc:hive2://hostname:21> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE Sales SELECT * FROM sales_text;
INFO  : Tez session hasn't been created yet. Opening session
ERROR : Failed to execute tez graph.
org.apache.tez.dag.api.SessionNotRunning: TezSession has already shutdown. Application application_1556784628398_0008 failed 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1556784628398_0008_000002 exited with  exitCode: -1000
For more detailed output, check the application tracking page: http://hostname:8088/cluster/app/application_1556784628398_0008 Then click on links to logs of each attempt.
Diagnostics: Application application_1556784628398_0008 initialization failed (exitCode=255) with output: main : command provided 0
main : run as user is hdfs
main : requested yarn user is hdfs
Requested user hdfs is banned

Failing this attempt. Failing the application.
    at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.waitTillReady(TezClient.java:699)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:218)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask.updateSession(TezTask.java:286)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask.execute(TezTask.java:165)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:162)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:89)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1765)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1506)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.runInternal(Driver.java:1303)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1170)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:1165)
    at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.runQuery(SQLOperation.java:197)
    at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.access$300(SQLOperation.java:76)
    at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$2$1.run(SQLOperation.java:255)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1869)
    at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation$2.run(SQLOperation.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask (state=08S01,code=1)

and did check for given url in yarnUI

Diagnostics:

Application application_1556784628398_0017 failed 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1556784628398_0017_000002 exited with exitCode: -1000

For more detailed output, check the application tracking page: http://hostname:8088/cluster/app/application_1556784628398_0017 Then click on links to logs of each attempt.

Diagnostics: Application application_1556784628398_0017 initialization failed (exitCode=255) with output: main : command provided 0

main : run as user is hdfs

main : requested yarn user is hdfs

Requested user hdfs is banned

Failing this attempt. Failing the application.

For the logging provided in the AttempID

Logs not available for container_e26_1556784628398_0017_02_000001. Aggregation may not be complete, Check back later or try the nodemanager at hostname:45454

Please give me any suggestions.

Thank you in advanced

7 REPLIES 7

Contributor

add this property in hive-site.xml

tez.am.resource.memory.mb = 2048(depends on node size)

Explorer

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Got all the same errors

Master Mentor

@Banthita Limwilai

I am wondering which user you are using to execute the job?

Can you share your /etc/hadoop/conf/container-executor.cfg hdfs user should be a banned user in the previous file

Could you do the following as root user

# su - hive 

Then invoke the hive CLI, that should work

Please revert

Explorer

Here are the .ctg file

yarn.nodemanager.linux-container-executor.group=hadoop
banned.users=hdfs,yarn,mapred,bin
min.user.id=1000

According to Kerberos, Hive user doesn't has permission to execute the command.

so I ran with root instead

and using beeline not hive CLI

Thanks

Master Mentor

@Banthita Limwilai

Have you tried the hive user?

Can you point me to this document "According to Kerberos, Hive user doesn't has permission"

This is what I get when I true to access beeline as user hive

[hive@osaka ~]$ beeline
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hive/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.10.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://osaka.com:2181/default;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2
Enter username for jdbc:hive2://osaka.com:2181/default: hive
Enter password for jdbc:hive2://osaka.com:2181/default: ****
Error: org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientException: Unable to read HiveServer2 configs from ZooKeeper (state=,code=0)
Beeline version 3.1.0.3.1.0.0-78 by Apache Hive
beeline>

HTH

Explorer

No, I mean just only my system. They not gave permission for user 'hive' for Kerberos.

And I'm not able change the permission.

Thanks

Master Mentor

@Banthita Limwilai

Please can you elaborate I don't seem to understand you.