Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive on Tez - Works but gets stuck on YARN

New Contributor

Hi all,

I have HIVE working with TEZ, and the results come out smoothly.
When I look at the TEZ view, the query ran successfully:109304-screen-shot-2019-06-10-at-145336.png

But when I check YARN, the job is still there, running and consuming my resources:

109324-screen-shot-2019-06-10-at-145341.png

Can anyone provide hints on what to look for here?

Kind Regards,

Jean Paul

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@Jean Paul Barddal

TEZ initializes session when we run some hive job and based on the tez configurations we will have one YARN application initialized (as you can see in the Resource manager).

The TEZ session will be same for all the queries that we are running until the session gets closed,

In TEZ view we can see same application id for all the queries that we are running in Hive but DAG_ID will be different for all.

In case of MapReduce we are not going to hold any of the resources like TEZ but we are going to run seperate applications for each query.

-

If the answer is helpful to resolve the issue, Login and Click on Accept button below to close this thread.This will help other community users to find answers quickly 🙂

New Contributor

Is there a way so that new queries are executed through this previous TEZ application rather than generating new ones stucked on `ACCEPTED`? (for it is very annoying to have to kill the previous each time I want to run something new)

New Contributor

have you a response on your issue please?