Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive server fails to connect

We recently started using Tableau and allowed Tableau online to access our hive server. Now, from that point, for about 2 hours in morning 10 to 12, our hive queries fail with

Connecting to jdbc:hive2://ip-xxx-xx-x-xxx.ap-south-1.compute.internal:10000/default Unknown HS2 problem when communicating with Thrift server. Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://ip-xxx-xx-x-xxx.ap-south-1.compute.internal:10000/default: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset (state=08S01,code=0) No current connection Intercepting System.exit(2) Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.Hive2Main], exit code [2]

If I try to connect manually, I can connect fine:

beeline -u jdbc:hive2://xxx-xx-x-xxx:10000/ 

I then have to take off tableau whitelisted IP and after about 10 minutes,

it comes back up. We do not have a lot of queries on Tableau. What could be the issue? I have taken off limit to accept connections from zookeeper just in case it had anything to do with it. Pointers?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Simran kaur!
Did you note any heap pick for the HS2?
Also, could you check the thread dump for the HS2?
BTW, is there anything else in the hs2 logs?
Once I had a similar problem with hive + redash and my issue was related to the number of connections hanging in the thrift. Not sure if it's your case.
Hope this helps.

That's probably the case. Could you share how did you resolve the problem? I don't see any problem in HS2 Logs though. However, I see a jump in open connections of HiveServer2. Would be great if you could share how you resolved it/

Also, I can see that I have over 100 connections on the port as of now.Where can I take the limit off from for the allowed number of connections?