Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ho do I test Kafka is working in HDP2.6?

Expert Contributor

I am trying to do the procedure here, but /usr/hdp/current/kafka-broker is a broken link and kafka-topics.sh is nowhere to be found. HDP shows Kafka service running OK.

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ed day When you say HDP shows Kafka service running OK, do you mean Ambari UI is showing broker service is running fine? Could you confirm on which host is the broker service running (on ambari you can click > Kafka > Summary tab > Broker link) ? Then you can open a shell console to that host and confirm the process is running by issuing

ps -ef | grep -i kafka

Maybe this helps you in finding from where exactly the kafka broker is started and maybe figuring where you can find the kafka-topics.sh

HTH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@ed day When you say HDP shows Kafka service running OK, do you mean Ambari UI is showing broker service is running fine? Could you confirm on which host is the broker service running (on ambari you can click > Kafka > Summary tab > Broker link) ? Then you can open a shell console to that host and confirm the process is running by issuing

ps -ef | grep -i kafka

Maybe this helps you in finding from where exactly the kafka broker is started and maybe figuring where you can find the kafka-topics.sh

HTH

Expert Contributor

Duh! Of course it's a different machine! I'll check it in the morning. Thanks!!

@ed day If you found this answer helped address your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.