Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hortonworks Repositories can't be accessed

New Contributor

Hello all,

I tried to set up Ambari  for a research project, however I get  "ERROR 403:  FORBIDDEN" (Access denied ) when trying to download the repositories from  Hortonworks & I don't know what I can do know or how to install Ambari and all its HDP services manually. Is anyone else here encountering this problem or does anyone have a solution for it?

I tried it with multiple versions already.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mayhem

Cloudera recently changed the download policy and now to download Ambari and HDP you need a valid subscription. 

Please see the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF

One solution would be to download Ambari from Apache's site

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Community Manager

@PJ18 I believe sales has reached out to you since your last comment. Can you confirm?

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

@cjervis thanks, received an email form sales minutes ago,

appreciate this,

New Contributor

I am also having the same issue,can someone guide me how can i get authentication credentials to access ambari repo URLs ?

Hello @AI99 ,

I would refer you to the announcement I linked to earlier in this very thread, Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF because it has a section labeled Installing/upgrading Ambari & HDP via Cloudera's private repository that in turn has links to extensive documentation on how to download and install Ambari and HDP. It also features links to all the details required to update your environment and how to obtain the credentials necessary to access Cloudera's private repositories, which now contain all new and existing releases.

The credentials to access this private repository are not generally the same ones to access Cloudera's website or the Cloudera community. Instead, people with a valid Cloudera subscription can generate repository credentials from a license key, and there is a link in the same announcement I mentioned above which explains how to initiate the process for obtaining that license key.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator