Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How Can I run debezium mysql connector using kafka connect of ambari deployment?

Highlighted

How Can I run debezium mysql connector using kafka connect of ambari deployment?

New Contributor

I am trying to pull data from mysql and I am using kafka provided by ambari.I am new to kafka and have few doubts.

1. where I can find logs for running kafka connect cluster and debezium connectors?

2. I am not using confluent, do i need to configure schema registry and why it is used?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How Can I run debezium mysql connector using kafka connect of ambari deployment?

New Contributor

@Shobhna Dhami Answer to the first question

1. where I can find logs for running kafka connect cluster and debezium connectors?

The logs are located here > /var/log/kafka

Re: How Can I run debezium mysql connector using kafka connect of ambari deployment?

New Contributor

@Shobhna Dhami

2. I am not using confluent, do i need to configure schema registry and why it is used?

Yes if data is in Avro format. It stores a versioned history of all schemas, provides multiple compatibility settings and allows evolution of schemas according to the configured compatibility settings and expanded Avro support. Read More

Super Collaborator

You only need to use a Schema Registry if you plain on using Confluent's AvroConverter

Note: NiFI can also be used to do CDC from MySQL https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/113941/change-data-capture-cdc-with-apache-nifi-version-1...