Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How Can I run debezium mysql connector using kafka connect of ambari deployment?

Explorer

I am trying to pull data from mysql and I am using kafka provided by ambari.I am new to kafka and have few doubts.

1. where I can find logs for running kafka connect cluster and debezium connectors?

2. I am not using confluent, do i need to configure schema registry and why it is used?

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

@Shobhna Dhami Answer to the first question

1. where I can find logs for running kafka connect cluster and debezium connectors?

The logs are located here > /var/log/kafka

Explorer

@Shobhna Dhami

2. I am not using confluent, do i need to configure schema registry and why it is used?

Yes if data is in Avro format. It stores a versioned history of all schemas, provides multiple compatibility settings and allows evolution of schemas according to the configured compatibility settings and expanded Avro support. Read More

Super Collaborator

You only need to use a Schema Registry if you plain on using Confluent's AvroConverter

Note: NiFI can also be used to do CDC from MySQL https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/113941/change-data-capture-cdc-with-apache-nifi-version-1...