Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How can I be sure an HBase Endpoint co-processor is available after I added it via XML configuration

Solved Go to solution

How can I be sure an HBase Endpoint co-processor is available after I added it via XML configuration

Super Guru

I have added a custom built Java jar file to the HBase Classpath.

I added to the hbase-site.xml with Ambari.

How can be sure that my endpoint co-processor was available to HBase?

Can I test it via hbase shell?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I be sure an HBase Endpoint co-processor is available after I added it via XML configuration

Super Guru
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How can I be sure an HBase Endpoint co-processor is available after I added it via XML configuration

Super Collaborator

In region server log, you should observe something similar to the following:

2016-06-16 19:44:10,222 INFO [regionserver/hbase5-merge-normalizer-3.openstacklocal/172.22.78.125:16020] coprocessor.CoprocessorHost: System coprocessor org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.access.AccessController was loaded successfully with priority (536870911).

If the coprocessor was loaded per table, you can use 'describe' command in shell to verify.

Super Guru

Super Guru

The coprocessor is not showing up in the logs.

it is registered in the ambari custom hbase-site.xml

The jar files were tried both in the hbase classpath and hbase home

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Where is the custom jar located ?

Can you show related snippet from hbase-site.xml ?

Thanks

Super Guru

anyone have a good github hbase coprocessor example with pom

Super Collaborator

You can find a ton of hbase coprocessors under:

https://github.com/apache/phoenix