Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How can I create a simple topology? I want to write this program using python on the hortonworks shell.

Expert Contributor

I'm new to Storm so, please suggest me where to start typing this piece of code and methods to save and execute it on the hortonworks shell. Any suggestions to get started will be helpful. Thanks in advance for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@keerthana gajarajakumar

this is how I started learning Storm. Link. Feel free to try it and report any issues. Michael Noll's blog is an excellent resource on Storm and now Kafka. I built my first Hadoop cluster thanks to his site. He has some beginner posts Here

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Expert Contributor

Yes Artem I noticed this. Now I want my program to spit out spout and bolt to stdout so if I customize this code to do that how can I run it on the shell? Am I clear or is my question confusing Artem?

Master Mentor

@keerthana gajarajakumar you need to have a tool like putty or cygwin and then use SCP tool to upload jar. scp -P 2222 -r file root@127.0.0.1:

Your file will then be in /root directory

Expert Contributor

Oh ya. Didn't think about that option. Thanks!

Master Mentor

@keerthana gajarajakumar can you accept the best answer and any possible consecutive problem can be addressed in a new question?

Expert Contributor

gotcha.. makes sense:)