Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How do I view Session and Query details in hiveserver2 web UI?

Explorer

hiveserver2 web UI page opens but cannot see any details like no of active users and all .I am using cdp 7.1.3 in which kerberos and ranger both are enable..how to resolve this ?

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-01 at 12.25.50 PM.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

Hi @vi1 and thank you for the question. I found documentation for Activating the Hive Web UI that states. 

HiveServer2 GUI/ Web UI does not display active client connections after enabling Kerberos. You must correct this problem, which leads to a Kerberos ticket problem for a browser client.

The documentation goes into details on the steps to take. Hopefully this helps. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Thanks @cjervis  for the reply.. I already followed this document which you have shared with me but it doesn't work. 

Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not an expert but hoped it would be helpful while you waited for a more knowledgable member of the community to respond. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Hello community please help me out! Iam still unable to activate hiveserver2 web UI.