Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How i can set getFile Path for Nifi.

New Contributor

How i can set getFile Path for Nifi. it is giving me error as i mentioned in picture. Please help. Thanks in Advance.

hortonworks.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Atif Tariq

Case1:-
If your file is in local filesystem then you can use get file processor

72462-getfile-from-local.png

Input Directory

/demo/data

File Filter

cdrs.txt

Keep Source File

false //if set to false delete the file after fetch,if true don't delete the file

Case2:-
If your file is in Hadoop File system(HDFS) then you need to use GetHDFS processor to pull the file from Hdfs to NiFi.

72463-gethdfs.png

If you are using kerberos then you need to specify principal and keytab values in the properties.

Hadoop Configuration Resources

<path to core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml> //we need to provide the file path for core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml here

Directory

/demo/data

Keep Source File

false //if set to false delete the file after fetch,if true don't delete the file

File Filter Regex

cdrs.txt

Let us know if you are having facing issues..!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@Atif Tariq

Case1:-
If your file is in local filesystem then you can use get file processor

72462-getfile-from-local.png

Input Directory

/demo/data

File Filter

cdrs.txt

Keep Source File

Case2:-
If your file is in Hadoop File system(HDFS) then you need to use GetHDFS processor to pull the file from Hdfs to NiFi.

72463-gethdfs.png

If you are using kerberos then you need to specify principal and keytab values in the properties.

Hadoop Configuration Resources

<path to core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml> //we need to provide the file path for core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml here

Directory

/demo/data

Keep Source File

File Filter Regex

cdrs.txt

Let us know if you are having facing issues..!!

New Contributor

Right Said, Thank you so so so much. you saved my lot of efforts.

Master Guru

@Atif Tariq
No Probs ..!!

If the Answer addressed your question, Click on Accept button below to accept the answer, That would be great help to Community users to find solution quickly for these kind of issues.