Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How long does it take to provision a Cloudera Live cluster?

Explorer

I provisioned a cluster successfully about an hour ago. I see in AWS it's live. But I did not get any emails telling me how to access it. The docs say I should have gotten an email about 45 mins after it was provisioned.

Can you guys help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

In a nutshell it looks like the cluster hit some delays trying to download Red Hat packages and eventually when it got much further past that the machines were being torn down. Almost all other clusters have been deploying fairly well since my last post, so I'll reach out to via private message to confirm some details and help you get a working cluster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru
Yeah you're *supposed* to get the email within about 10 minutes of the
cluster being green within AWS. If it takes more than 15-20 I would usually
just delete the cluster and contact us. In this case there were a number of
abandoned deployments (i.e. machines getting deleted mid-deployment and the
system waiting to see if they come back) hogging resources. Everything that
was delayed should now be running and you should receive an email
momentarily if you didn't already. Thanks for letting us know about your
delay - sorry for the inconvenience.

Explorer

Thanks. So I got the email telling me the code. Then I got another telling me the build has started.

When I click the guidance page 12 hours later (let it work overnight), it was still only at 42%.

Can you help me get this created?

Guru

In a nutshell it looks like the cluster hit some delays trying to download Red Hat packages and eventually when it got much further past that the machines were being torn down. Almost all other clusters have been deploying fairly well since my last post, so I'll reach out to via private message to confirm some details and help you get a working cluster.