Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How much Disk requirement is needed to deploy a HDP cluster?

Contributor

Hi everyone!

I am a student of the University of the Basque Country and I am trying to deploy a small cluster with HDP. I was surfing across the installation guide of Hortonworks, but I didn't find the answer I want. My question is:

How much memory and disk space is needed to deploy a cluster of 2 initial nodes with Ambari and HDP? I have 25GB of disk and 4GB of memory per node? Is it enough?

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star
8 REPLIES 8

Rising Star

Contributor

I saw that page, but there are only the minimum requirements for the installation of Ambari. Inthis case, if I follow the minimum specifications of installing Ambari, would I get the needed requirements for installing HDP correctly? Thank you for your quick answer!

Rising Star

add more space to Slave node and add memory to Master node. What services you want to install on hdp?

Contributor

The components I want to install are the next ones: AMBARI, ZEPPELIN, SQOOP, RANGER, YARN, HDFS, SPARK (Sparksql, Python, R). Thank you for your answer!

Rising Star

Install all master components on master machine which has more than 10GB of memory and 50GB of Disk space. After that On slave node add more disk space depending on the usage requirement and 4GB memory will be sufficient for that.

Rising Star

Install slave component on slave node as well.

Contributor

Thank you so much for your help! I will try it that way!

Rising Star

If this solved your question please accept the answer, it will closed this issue then.