Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to add jdbc drivers to sqoop?

Expert Contributor

Indent to call sqoop on a client node and need to be able to connect to an oracle DB. Currently seeing error...

19/07/25 10:48:55 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

When looking into this, appears need to install the proper jdbc driver for sqoop to use. However, the only docs I can find on installing sqoop drivers is for Cloudera CDP and following these docs runs into problems where certain expected directories do not exist on my cluster (particularly /var/lib/sqoop) (and I am assuming that they should already be there and not need to be manually created). Are there any docs on doing this for HDP? Docs for doing this just through the Ambari UI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Found the solution in this other community post relating to install sqoop drivers in HDP: http://community.hortonworks.com/answers/50556/view.html

The correct location that sqoop drivers should go on your calling client node is

/usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib/

**Note that the post references a $SQOOP_HOME env var, but my installation does not have such a var on any other the nodes. Anyone know if this indicates a problem?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

Found the solution in this other community post relating to install sqoop drivers in HDP: http://community.hortonworks.com/answers/50556/view.html

The correct location that sqoop drivers should go on your calling client node is

/usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib/

**Note that the post references a $SQOOP_HOME env var, but my installation does not have such a var on any other the nodes. Anyone know if this indicates a problem?