Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to add new hosts in extisting cluster whenever All Process are Done Successfull ....

Explorer

Hi Everyone,

I am gonna adding a new hosts in existing cluster ....All Network Process are done successfully ...after then did't register new hosts by AMBARI....

hdp version details : hdp 2.6 with ambari 2.6

Os - centso7

Please Suggest How to do ,

Your Help is Highly appreciated .

screenshot-from-2018-12-28-18-17-06.pngscreenshot-from-2018-12-28-18-23-15.pngscreenshot-from-2018-12-28-18-40-11.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Kunal Kumar

If you want to setup a multi node cluster then please refer to the following Hortonworks Youtube Video

Hadoop Series- Part1 Multinode Hadoop Cluster Installation using Ambari : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHaVBoLwzwU

Regarding the failure which you posted in your last comment is happening due to:

File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp/os_check_type1546513757.py", line 40, in main    
raise Exception("Local OS is not compatible with cluster primary OS family. 
Please perform manual bootstrap on this host.")
Exception: Local OS is not compatible with cluster primary OS family. Please perform manual bootstrap on this host. 

Looks like you are trying to register a new host which has slightly different OS version/type.

In that case we will suggest you to try using Manual Host installation & registration instead of doing it via Ambari UI. You can find the instructions to Manually Register Ambari Agenrt here:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.6.2.2/bk_ambari-administration/content/install_th...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Master Mentor

@Kunal Kumar

The problem seems to be the incorrect "SSH Private Key". Based on screenshot "screenshot-from-2018-12-28-18-23-15.png" looks like you are pasting the "Public" key content there instead of "Private Key" of the host "hdpnode1.hortonworks.com"

For example the following will be the Private Key: "~/.ssh/id_rsa" adn the content of private key file looks something like following which BEGIN and END marks:

Example:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
ANCDEFGHIJKLMNOPoCUhgGazht5XrPbvkcD
QRSTUVWXYZasdoeruoijlcsd,fns,cjsdklfjo=
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

Usually Public key file name is "~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub"

Also the Ambari API call is showing 404 because you will need to replace the "$name" with your clustername. You can get your ambari cluster name using the following API call.

http://192.168.1.190:8080/api/v1/clusters

Master Mentor

@Kunal Kumar

Can you share your /etc/hosts files? To me it seems this is the first host in the cluster, what is your cluster name?

Explorer

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Hi Sir Thanks For the reply ...

Sir , You Are Absolutely Right , It is the first host in the cluster ......

also my cluster name is default "Sandbox" , if there is needed for Change this Please suggest the process..

i am new in Hadoop and it is my first experiment on hdp .

Thanks

screenshot-from-2018-12-31-12-27-12.pngscreenshot-from-2018-12-31-12-28-26.png