Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to configure existing hbase service to existing ambari DB

Super Collaborator

Due to Amabri "DB configs consistency check failed" .. I have deleted all the service configs of HBASE from ambari DB as suggested in one of the articles https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/69240/ambar-server-start-failes-with-db-configs-consiste... but after that .. I am able to start ambari server without errors but unable to see hbase service in Amabri UI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Followed the steps as suggested by @Jay Kumar SenSharma .. backed up hbase rootdir and added the service again in ambari UI. Its working absolutely fine now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Super Collaborator

Super Collaborator

Super Collaborator

Master Mentor

@Krishna Srinivas

Can you please share the exact SQL queries which you executed in Ambari DB?

After deleting the HBase Service from Ambari DB when you restarted Ambari you did not see HBase service (it looks normal as you deleted it from Ambari DB so you do not see it)

But if you have preserved the HBase configs then you can "Add Service" HBase from Ambari UI on the same host and then apply the same configs via UI. Isn't that working for you?

Super Collaborator

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

I have executed below commands in Postgres DB

delete from hostcomponentstate where service_name = 'HBASE';

delete from hostcomponentdesiredstate where service_name = 'HBASE';

delete from servicecomponentdesiredstate where service_name = 'HBASE';

delete from servicedesiredstate where service_name = 'HBASE';

delete from serviceconfighosts where service_config_id in (select service_config_id from serviceconfig where service_name = 'HBASE');

delete from serviceconfigmapping where service_config_id in (select service_config_id from serviceconfig where service_name = 'HBASE');

delete from serviceconfig where service_name = 'HBASE';

delete from requestresourcefilter where service_name = 'HBASE';

delete from requestoperationlevel where service_name = 'HBASE';

delete from clusterservices where service_name ='HBASE';

delete from clusterconfig where type_name like 'HBASE%';

delete from clusterconfigmapping where type_name like 'HBASE%';

Master Mentor

@Krishna Srinivas

The above queries which you shared ... Unfortunately deletes the "HBase Service" completely from Ambari DB.

Which means Ambari will not show that HBase service anymode in the Ambari UI as, an Installed service.

But it is best if you can take a backup of the "hbase.rootdir" property of your HBase just to avoid loosing the Hbase Data.

Then in Ambari UI click on "Add Service" and then choose "Hbase" to install it on the same host. To see if it works?

Super Collaborator

@Jay Kumar SenSharma Unfortunately I didn't have the Configs backup to add the same and also currently hbase service is operational and working fine.

If I re-add the same using ADD SERVICE from ambari .. What would be the impact on the running service ?

Super Collaborator

Followed the steps as suggested by @Jay Kumar SenSharma .. backed up hbase rootdir and added the service again in ambari UI. Its working absolutely fine now.