Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to connect a BI tool to a HiveServer2 instance running on a HDP 2.5 SandBox?

Expert Contributor

How to connect a BI tool, SAS for instance, to a HiveServer2 instance running on a HDP 2.5 SandBox? I assume it involves IP parsing? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

I am not familiar with sas but for most BI tools they require the hostname for your hiveserver 2 and port which is generally

10010 or for llap 10500.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

I am not familiar with sas but for most BI tools they require the hostname for your hiveserver 2 and port which is generally

10010 or for llap 10500.

Expert Contributor

Thanks Sunile, I am familiar with all the ports. The issue is the BI tool, in this case SAS, can ping the local Windows machine, but not the SandBox running on it. I would assume we will need to make some changes to the hosts file so the SandBox IP can be exposed.

Master Guru

oh yes. you need to use ip address of the sandbox. the host file does not need to be updated unless you plan to use a dns (ie sandbox.hortonworks.com) to it. for your test use the sandbox ip. i assume all this exist on same box? if not then your windows machine needs to be able to communicate to the sandbox. open up firewalls for ip com.