Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to connect to two different source DB instants using captureChangeMySql processor.

Contributor

Hi,

Query 1: How to connect to two different source DB instants using captureChangeMySql processor?.

Query 2: is it possible to configure two different source DB instants using captureChangeMySql processor to get data from both db instance and put it in destination DB?, If yes, Please suggest the configuration approach.

Below is my current configuration screenshot to read the data from single instant connecting two source DB.

Screenshot from 2022-07-25 12-52-09.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Master Collaborator

Answer to your queries :

1. You have to use the two CaptureChangeMySQL Processors if you wish to connect two different MySQL database services.

2.  Since you can get the change records from two  CaptureChangeMySQL processors for two different source MySQL DB's then you can insert those records into another MySQL DB using  PutSQL processor.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Contributor

@ckumar

Are you suggesting to create two flow-file templates with respect to  MySQL database service?

Or This can be achieve by just using the the  two CaptureChangeMySQL Processors in one template which will have the configuration with respect to  MySQL database service.

Attaching the current flow-file screenshot and also as per you suggestion with two captureChangeMySql processor. Please confirm If my understanding is correct as per you suggestion

Current_Nifi_flow_template.pngSuggested_Template_flowFile_to_Connect_Two_different_MySQL_database_services.png

Master Collaborator

I mean you can have as many CaptureChangeMySQL for a number of different MySQL DB's , Yes your design is alinged with what I have updated before. 

If you found this response assisted with your issue, please take a moment and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

Answer to your queries :

1. You have to use the two CaptureChangeMySQL Processors if you wish to connect two different MySQL database services.

2.  Since you can get the change records from two  CaptureChangeMySQL processors for two different source MySQL DB's then you can insert those records into another MySQL DB using  PutSQL processor.

Thank you 

Contributor

@ckumar

Are you suggesting to create two flow-file templates with respect to  MySQL database service?

Or This can be achieve by just using the the  two CaptureChangeMySQL Processors in one template which will have the configuration with respect to  MySQL database service.

Attaching the current flow-file screenshot and also as per you suggestion with two captureChangeMySql processor. Please confirm If my understanding is correct as per you suggestion

Current_Nifi_flow_template.pngSuggested_Template_flowFile_to_Connect_Two_different_MySQL_database_services.png

Master Collaborator

I mean you can have as many CaptureChangeMySQL for a number of different MySQL DB's , Yes your design is alinged with what I have updated before. 

If you found this response assisted with your issue, please take a moment and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you

Community Manager

@AbhishekSingh, Have any of the replies helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: