Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to create custom sensitive property in NiFi processor

New Contributor

Hi,

I have sensitive parameter defined in process group's parameter context. The documentation says that this parameter can be assigned to a sensitive property only. So I want to know how to create custom sensitive property specific to my nifi processor.

I did see few posts where they are asking to use InvokeScriptedProcessor, but I did not find any example. Any suggestions here would be of great help.

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@Nyk 

That is correct, dynamically added properties are all of type non-sensitive.

You would need to build a custom processor with static configurable properties that have a PropertyDescriptor with ".sensitive(true)".

I am not a developer myself, but you may find this resource useful:
https://itnext.io/deep-dive-into-a-custom-apache-nifi-processor-c2191e4f89a0

If you found my answer addresses your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below the answer.

Hope this helps you,

Matt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Mentor

@Nyk 

You'll need to provide more context around your use case to get a good answer.  It is not clear what you are trying to accomplish here.

- Are you trying to build your own custom NiFi processor where you want to define some configurable properties as type sensitive?

- Are you trying to use the "+" icon to add a new dynamic property to an existing NiFi processor and hide/encrypt the value set in that property?  In this case, that is not possible since all dynamic properties are nonsensitive.

The use of invokeScriptedProcessor you saw was a recommendation made to sue it rather than ExecuteScript processor.  That is because you can define properties via the invokeScriptedProcessor custom script you write additional processor properties to be used within that processor only as sensitive.

But looks like there may be some issues around that ability outlined here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7012

Hope this helps,

Matt

New Contributor

Thanks Matt for quick reply.

Yes, I am trying to use the "+" icon to add a new dynamic property to an existing NiFi processor and hide/encrypt the value set in that property.

There is no way that we can do this ?

Can I create a custom processor where I can define some configurable properties as type sensitive and create NAR out of it ?

Super Mentor

@Nyk 

That is correct, dynamically added properties are all of type non-sensitive.

You would need to build a custom processor with static configurable properties that have a PropertyDescriptor with ".sensitive(true)".

I am not a developer myself, but you may find this resource useful:
https://itnext.io/deep-dive-into-a-custom-apache-nifi-processor-c2191e4f89a0

If you found my answer addresses your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below the answer.

Hope this helps you,

Matt