Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to debug Hive2 beeline ?

Hi,

I've succeed to create hive table by reflection from druid datasource . after restarting the hdp cluster I'm not able to query anymore this hive table I get

Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: RuntimeException java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Now I would like to understand what the problem where can I check log file or something to understand what the problem.

Inneractive query is enable and running as expected, druid also work as expected

Thanks for help @Slim

4 REPLIES 4

Hi

I've tried to check all the possible logs and I can't get any clue on what's going on

I only get this in all log beeline and hive-server2-interactive.err

Do you know what else I can check ?

Here the hive-server2-interative.err

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. null
Added [/usr/hdp/2.6.4.0-91/hive2/lib/hive-druid-handler.jar] to class path
Added resources: [/usr/hdp/2.6.4.0-91/hive2/lib/hive-druid-handler.jar]
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. null
OK

Thanks

Expert Contributor

i believe HS2 logs are under /var/log/hive/hiveserver2.log

Guru

Hello @Richard Grossman,

Please follow this article to enable debug for Beeline. That might help you. Please paste the relevant debug log here if you want us to have a look.

Hope this helps!

Rising Star

For full stack of error message from hive you could look into hiveserver log like @Slim was mentioning. Since hive interactive is enabled I believe you should look into hsihiveserver log on the node where HiveServer2 Interactive is running