Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to deploy 2 HiveServer2 processes on same host; one with LDAP authentication and other one with Kerberos authentication

Super Collaborator

Hiveserver2 only supports 1 Authentication method at a time? if so, how to have 2 authentication methods for different clients? And How to deploy 2 HiveServer2 processes on same host; one with LDAP authentication and other one with Kerberos authentication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The trick will be to manage separate hive configs for each HiveServer2 instance. You will need to use different values for authentication properties and the port on which to start.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

The trick will be to manage separate hive configs for each HiveServer2 instance. You will need to use different values for authentication properties and the port on which to start.

You can manually startup the second HS2 instance and use --hiveconf to override some of the properties from the standard config.

Super Collaborator

Thanks Deepesh, Yes, also modification of init.d scripts. Looks like there is no documentation / best practice around it ?

Yes, that is not documented as its not a common configuration/practice.

Master Mentor

@Saumil Mayani

Please use/test different config groups. This is reference to old docs.

Unfortunately config groups are only applicable when the HS2 instances are on different hosts.

New Contributor

I found this,thread when I am looking to create the 2 HS2 Instance on same Host, with different Authentication. I can create it Manually, but there will be Maintainability issues. Any trick through which we can do it through Ambari2.2.1?