Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to display my own dummy task with message in ambari Background operation tab?

Contributor

By default ambari background operations tab display the:-

1. Start/Stop of Service/components.

2. Installation of components.

I want to create a dummy task(request) along with display message to be shown in background operations tab which should always pass.

for example

PUT URl:- http://<cluster_ip>:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster_name>/requests
{
  "RequestInfo": {
    "context": "Update Successful",
    "command": "HDFS_SERVICE_CHECK"
  },
  "Requests/resource_filters": [
    {
      "service_name": "HDFS"
    }
  ]
}

Screenshot:-

16308-screen-shot-2017-06-14-at-113323-am.png

Here I am reusing "HDFS_SERVICE_CHECK" to display my own message. But it may fail if there is a problem related to HDFS. hence I wanted to create my own task which will not change the state of the cluster and should always pass.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Pradarttana Panda If you are looking this for your testing purpose and want to ensure that the operation succeeds every time, then you can use the action to refresh the client configs. ie you can perform the 'Refresh Configs' operation on slider or Kerberos components and it will succeed in mejority of the cases.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

@Pradarttana Panda If you are looking this for your testing purpose and want to ensure that the operation succeeds every time, then you can use the action to refresh the client configs. ie you can perform the 'Refresh Configs' operation on slider or Kerberos components and it will succeed in mejority of the cases.