Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to fix Ambari UI not loading.

New Contributor

42629-screenshot-ambari-server-all-status.png

All services are working fine still Ambari UI not working, Please help to fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Vijay Kumar Yadav

Few strange things we noticed in your ambari-serevr.log:

19 Nov 2017 10:43:49,934 ERROR [main] ViewRegistry:1875 - Caught exception migrating data in view ADMIN_VIEW{2.5.1.0}
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work/HIVE{1.5.0}/WEB-INF/classes/view.xml (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)

Which indicates that your "ADMIN_VIEW" and "HIVE_VIEW (1.5.0) instances are not getting getting extracted properly and because the "ADMIN_VIEW" has some issues so it might be a reason of Ambari

So please try this:

# ambari-server stop
# rm -rf  /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work/*
# ambari-server start

Basically we are removing the "work" directory contents and then restarting the ambari server again so that the Ambari Views JARs will be extracted freshly when we restart ambari-server next time.

After following the above steps please double check the ambari-server.log to verify that you are not getting any such error as mentioned above in your logs.

After completion of successful restart of ambari-server (without those errors) please check if you are able to access the port 8080 from your remote machine (where you are opening the ambari UI browser).

# nc -v namenode.example.com 8080
# nc -v $IP_ADDRESS_OF_AMBARI_HOST 8080
(OR)
# telnet namenode.example.com 8080
# telnet $IP_ADDRESS_OF_AMBARI_HOST 8080

If the port is not accessible then please check if the firewall / iptables is disabled on the ambari server host as following:

# service iptables status
# service iptables stop

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

@Vijay Kumar Yadav

A good starting point is to attach your ambari-server logs and also check your FW settings

Also check if the port is free and listening

$ netstat -an | grep 8080 | grep -i listen

or

curl http://ambari-server-ip:8080

This should give you some idea whether the port is reachable or not

New Contributor

Hi @Geoffrey Shelton Okot ,

Thanks for your response and valuable suggestion(A good starting point is to attach your ambari-server logs). i will take care this in future also.

As you suggest, I have checked ambari port 8080 and it's reachable but still Ambari UI not loading.

So please find my ambari-server logs and ambari-server status in attachments and please guide me to resolve this issue.

screenshot-ambari-server-all-status.png

Master Mentor

@Vijay Kumar Yadav

Can you describe your current setup? The 2 nodes you are same OS and have you done the OS perparation prior?

HDP/Ambari versions?

Can you paste your ambari/hdp.repo

If using public repo have you enabled internet access?

Memory allocated?

Please revert

Master Mentor

@Vijay Kumar Yadav

Few strange things we noticed in your ambari-serevr.log:

19 Nov 2017 10:43:49,934 ERROR [main] ViewRegistry:1875 - Caught exception migrating data in view ADMIN_VIEW{2.5.1.0}
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work/HIVE{1.5.0}/WEB-INF/classes/view.xml (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)

Which indicates that your "ADMIN_VIEW" and "HIVE_VIEW (1.5.0) instances are not getting getting extracted properly and because the "ADMIN_VIEW" has some issues so it might be a reason of Ambari

So please try this:

# ambari-server stop
# rm -rf  /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work/*
# ambari-server start

Basically we are removing the "work" directory contents and then restarting the ambari server again so that the Ambari Views JARs will be extracted freshly when we restart ambari-server next time.

After following the above steps please double check the ambari-server.log to verify that you are not getting any such error as mentioned above in your logs.

After completion of successful restart of ambari-server (without those errors) please check if you are able to access the port 8080 from your remote machine (where you are opening the ambari UI browser).

# nc -v namenode.example.com 8080
# nc -v $IP_ADDRESS_OF_AMBARI_HOST 8080
(OR)
# telnet namenode.example.com 8080
# telnet $IP_ADDRESS_OF_AMBARI_HOST 8080

If the port is not accessible then please check if the firewall / iptables is disabled on the ambari server host as following:

# service iptables status
# service iptables stop

New Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

Thanks for your answer.

Yes my "ADMIN_VIEW" and "HIVE_VIEW (1.5.0) instances was not getting extracted properly, but after follow your suggestion now it's working fine. So thanks for your support.

Explorer

Stop the firewall, it will work

Explorer

Hi Vijay,

I came across your issue. (Ambari UI not loading.)  I am having similar issue everyday on some certain period. and then after I had to restart ambari-server service and only then users are able to login to Ambari UI. is your problem solved permanently or you need to restart your ambari-server every time UI not working? 

grateful if you advice what else you have done to fix it parmanently.

Thanks