Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to get credential to install CDH

New Contributor

Hello,

I would like to test ANY version of CDH but I need a username/password to download files.

eg:

https://username:password@archive.cloudera.com/p/cm7/7.2.4/redhat7/yum/cloudera-manager.repo

But when I want to get one, I'm able to find where to get it ?

I just want to install a trial version.

If I navigate until Download webpage, I get :

======================================

Access Restricted

Your MyCloudera account is not currently connected with a CDH subscription which is required for CDH 6.3.3 and later. Please contact Cloudera Support for assistance if you believe you should have access. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Older Versions of CDH
Older versions of CDH and Cloudera Manager can be downloaded directly from the URLs in our public documentation:

======================

And I want CDH 5.x

Thanks for your help

Regards

Cédric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@cbonnot I've tried with the email/password used to connect to cloudera.com. It doesn't work

Yes, That's expected it will never work. Those credentials needs to be generated via a Enterprise License key means a valid subscription you Cloudera portal user name and Password don't have anything to do with this. 

Regarding the 401 status please remove all those links with "/p" by clicking "-" sign and save changes. It should go away. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Guru

@cbonnot Unfortunately with the new Paywall Expansion all Cloudera Repo is behind the Paywall now means you will need a valid subscription to download that. 

For the trial purposes you can try the latest CDP7 version but not the old version. 

https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/cdp-private-cloud-trial.html.html

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Thanks a lot.

But even when I try to install older release, I still need a username/pwd. 

I've tried with the email/password used to connect to cloudera.com. It doesn't work 😞

Actually, I can download and run "cloudera-manager-installer.bin", but when I install it, I have the following messages :

capture.pngCapture.PNG

For example, if I click on the first link, even with my email/pwd, it is not OK. 😞 😞

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Cédric

Master Guru

@cbonnot I've tried with the email/password used to connect to cloudera.com. It doesn't work

Yes, That's expected it will never work. Those credentials needs to be generated via a Enterprise License key means a valid subscription you Cloudera portal user name and Password don't have anything to do with this. 

Regarding the 401 status please remove all those links with "/p" by clicking "-" sign and save changes. It should go away. 

Cheers!

New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks a lot !!!!

Cédric

New Contributor

Hi ,

"Actually, I can download and run "cloudera-manager-installer.bin"

How did you do that? I cant even download any installer without license key 

Can you please tell how you were able to download the installer?