Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Re: How to import External Libraries for Livy Interpreter using zeppelin (Using Yarn cluser mode) ?

Rising Star

@Mickaël GERVAIS check to make sure livy interpreter is listed in the interpreter bindings for the notebook. Also, set DEBUG on the livy server and check in the livy out file produced on the server. Finally, make sure you have restarted livy and zeppelin to pick up the changes. I tested and it did work for me.

Re: How to import External Libraries for Livy Interpreter using zeppelin (Using Yarn cluser mode) ?

Explorer

@Ian Roberts I'm sorry , but I cannot make it work.

Here is my error:

import org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64
import java.time.LocalDateTime.now
import com.mongodb.BasicDBObjectBuilder.start

import org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64
import java.time.LocalDateTime.now
<console>:35: error: object mongodb is not a member of package com
         import com.mongodb.BasicDBObjectBuilder.start

The jar mongo-java-driver-2.14.3.jar is present in:

• livy-server/repl-jars
  • hdfs:///user/mgervais/.sparkStaging/application_1481647493263_0001

And the Spark UI show those properties:

• spark.yarn.secondary.jars : ...mongo-java-driver-2.14.3.jar...
  • spark.jars : ...file:/usr/hdp/current/livy-server/repl-jars/mongo-java-driver-2.14.3.jar...

I've the livy interpreter enable in the Zeppelin notebook (It works , I can see the livy sessions...)

I've restarted the full Cluster with Ambari...

Thanks...

Rising Star

This does not look like an issue with the jar being included but rather an issue with the import statement. I breifly looked on google and see similar descriptions stating to try org.mongodb. I would focus on the import statement more than the inclusion of the jar for livy.

Explorer

Okay, but I've the same issue with others imports which are not parts of native libraries.

My own jar cannot be included neither....

Is this a problem with Zeppelin notebook?

Explorer

Hi,

I'm using this version of HDP : /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/

Is this the reason? Should I upgrade my stack?

New Contributor

Hi all,

Has anyone succeeded in using Livy with a custom maven repository?

New Contributor

hello @Laurence Da Luz

I am trying to run CRAN packages on Notebook. I downloaded the packages, and installed them on server, but somehow Zeppelin Notebook does not picks the package, for instance

%livy.sparkr

library(data.table)

returns in error on notebook.

Hope you can assist in that.

Rachna

Super Collaborator

@Rachna Dhand I know you must be way past this issue, but -- You have to install the packages on all NodeManager nodes as root so they are available to all users. Maybe this will help someone else in the future.