Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to install CDH4.4 ?

Explorer

I need to install CDH4.4. How can I do it ?

I tried CDH4.4 documentation but it was installed CDH4.5.

Linux CentOS 6.5.

Regards.

Kleyson Rios.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

OK, it sounds like your yum repo is messed up.  So here are the steps to get yum working and also pointing to the CDH4.4.0 packages:

1) download this repo file and place it in /etc/yum.repos.d  (you should move your existing cloudera-cdh4.repo file to some other location for backup)

2) edit the file and modify the "baseurl" property to point to this URL:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/redhat/6/x86_64/cdh/4.4.0/

3) Now you should be able to use these instructions to install CDH4.4.0 by just doing "yum install" commands manually (Note, you'll have to scroll down the page to the section titled "Step 2: Install CDH4 with MRv1" and there you should see the yum commands that will work for you.

Please let me know if any other questions/concerns arise.  Installing CDH manually is a little more involved that's why the documentation is so long.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Guru

this page has the links to download CDH4.4 directly if you'd like to do it that way.  Is that what you're looking for?

Explorer

Yes, I tried. But 'Linux Packages' link send me to CDH4 Documentation and I couldn't find how to download cdh4.4

Kleyson Rios.

Guru

Ah, I see what you're saying.  It is confusing.  That link takes you to the install document because if you want to install CDH manually with RPMs, you'll have to know a few things and decide which ones to grab, etc.  So we route you through the doc first.

The absolutely simplest way to install CDH (even previous versions) is to download the Cloudera Manager installer and use CM's automatic install wizard to install CDH for you.  In that install wizard you can pick your version of CDH and 4.4.0 is available as an option.

If you want to go the RPM route, let me know and I'll provide further instructions for that, but it's a few extra steps.

Explorer

Yes, I would like to install by RPM. May you provide me the instructions ?

But for now, I'm trying to install using Cloudera Manager installer. I've download cloudera-manager-installer.bin

But I'm getting the following error:

[root@namenode-hdfs cloudera-manager-installer]# less 3.install-cloudera-manager-server.log
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: centos.mirror.mendoza-conicet.gob.ar
 * extras: centos.mirror.mendoza-conicet.gob.ar
 * updates: centos.mirror.mendoza-conicet.gob.ar
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package cloudera-manager-server.noarch 0:3.7.8.311-1 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: cloudera-manager-daemons = 3.7.8.311 for package: cloudera-manager-server-3.7.8.311-1.noarch
--> Running transaction check
---> Package cloudera-manager-daemons.noarch 0:3.7.8.311-1 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
 Package                     Arch      Version        Repository           Size
================================================================================
Installing:
 cloudera-manager-server     noarch    3.7.8.311-1    cloudera-manager    5.5 k
Installing for dependencies:
 cloudera-manager-daemons    noarch    3.7.8.311-1    cloudera-manager     97 M

Transaction Summary
Install       2 Package(s)

Total download size: 97 M
Installed size: 118 M
Downloading Packages:
http://archive.cloudera.com/cm4/redhat/6/x86_64/cm/4/RPMS/cloudera-manager-daemons-3.7.8.311-1.noarc... [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
http://archive.cloudera.com/cm4/redhat/6/x86_64/cm/4/RPMS/cloudera-manager-server-3.7.8.311-1.noarch... [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.

Error Downloading Packages:
  cloudera-manager-server-3.7.8.311-1.noarch: failure: RPMS/cloudera-manager-server-3.7.8.311-1.noarch.rpm from cloudera-manager: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
  cloudera-manager-daemons-3.7.8.311-1.noarch: failure: RPMS/cloudera-manager-daemons-3.7.8.311-1.noarch.rpm from cloudera-manager: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Guru

OK, it sounds like your yum repo is messed up.  So here are the steps to get yum working and also pointing to the CDH4.4.0 packages:

1) download this repo file and place it in /etc/yum.repos.d  (you should move your existing cloudera-cdh4.repo file to some other location for backup)

2) edit the file and modify the "baseurl" property to point to this URL:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/redhat/6/x86_64/cdh/4.4.0/

3) Now you should be able to use these instructions to install CDH4.4.0 by just doing "yum install" commands manually (Note, you'll have to scroll down the page to the section titled "Step 2: Install CDH4 with MRv1" and there you should see the yum commands that will work for you.

Please let me know if any other questions/concerns arise.  Installing CDH manually is a little more involved that's why the documentation is so long.

Explorer

Thank you !!!

It's ok now.

Regards.

Kleyson Rios.