Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to install JanusGraph on Ambari?

Can anyone tell me the way to install JanusGraph on Ambari. I tried the link https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph-ambari but it didn't work out for me. I have Ubuntu 14.04 and Ambari 2.6 and have already installed Solr 6.6.2 on Ambari. Is there a way to make a connection between the two? Or, is there any other alternative to this (JanusGraph) which might run on Ambari with the same functionality?

Actually JanusGraph installed properly on Ambari using the link above. It also starts without any error, but then within 10 seconds it automatically closes. During the final check it says "can't connect to port 8182". What can be the fault in this case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the solution. So the link above really works - the installation was proper. I had to go through the logs /var/log/janusgraph . Found out a java error there. So I got to know that if you install java using Ambari's automatic install, it does not sets up the environment variable in your pc. So I followed these steps:-

Open /etc/environment in a text editor and add the following line:

JAVA_HOME="/usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/”

Use source to load the variable by running:-

source /etc/environment

Then restart JanusGraph. It works perfectly this time.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I found the solution. So the link above really works - the installation was proper. I had to go through the logs /var/log/janusgraph . Found out a java error there. So I got to know that if you install java using Ambari's automatic install, it does not sets up the environment variable in your pc. So I followed these steps:-

Open /etc/environment in a text editor and add the following line:

JAVA_HOME="/usr/jdk64/jdk1.8.0_112/”

Use source to load the variable by running:-

source /etc/environment

Then restart JanusGraph. It works perfectly this time.