Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to integrate HDP and HDF on same virtual box

Contributor

Hi,

I wanted to know whether it is possible to use HDP and HDF simultaneously on same virtual machine.

Actually wanted to use HDF Nifi/Kafka (producer) services to fetch data from source and wanted to trigger Kafka(consumer) at HDP.

Facing issue when both HDF/HDP are running not able to use localhost:1080

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Shashank Naresh

You should be able to do that under the network configuration for HDF Enable Network Adapter choose Attached to : NAT and the Name will be Blank for Adaptor 1 and for Adapter 2 enable Network Adapter Attached to: Bridged Adapter Name choose in the drop-down list either appropriate driver for LAN or Wireless depending on your case and repeat it for HDP.

You should realize that HDP and HDF consume a lot of RAM so I hope you are running a 32 GB host machine

Good luck

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@Shashank Naresh

You should be able to do that under the network configuration for HDF Enable Network Adapter choose Attached to : NAT and the Name will be Blank for Adaptor 1 and for Adapter 2 enable Network Adapter Attached to: Bridged Adapter Name choose in the drop-down list either appropriate driver for LAN or Wireless depending on your case and repeat it for HDP.

You should realize that HDP and HDF consume a lot of RAM so I hope you are running a 32 GB host machine

Good luck

Contributor

Thanks @.Geoffrey Shelton Okot it is working

Master Mentor

@Shashank Naresh

Great news !! If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to log in and click the "accept" link on the answer.

That would be a great help to Community users to find the solution quickly for these kinds of errors.