Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to load schema file for NiFi ConvertCSVtoAvro?

Solved Go to solution

How to load schema file for NiFi ConvertCSVtoAvro?

New Contributor

I want to configure the ConvertCSVtoAvro processor to read an Avro schema from a local text file. When I set the "Record schema" parameter to the file's path, C:\Avro\schema1.avsc, I receive an error that reads "Failed to parse schema: C:\Avro\schema1.avsc".

How can I get the Record schema parameter to point to the contents of my schema file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to load schema file for NiFi ConvertCSVtoAvro?

I think the schema needs to be a valid URI which would require the file protocol like this:

file:///C:/Avro/schema1.avsc

Additionally, the schema field also allows a schema to be pasted directly into the value of the field if you want to avoid pointing at a file.

2 REPLIES 2

I think the schema needs to be a valid URI which would require the file protocol like this:

file:///C:/Avro/schema1.avsc

Additionally, the schema field also allows a schema to be pasted directly into the value of the field if you want to avoid pointing at a file.

New Contributor

Can you provide the schema you are loadings? I'm just starting nifi and ConvertCSVtoAvro seems to be the easiet one bot I have no idea how the schema should look like...